Muffins with no processed/artificial sweetener? No honey? What?!? Safe, healthy ingredients, and they still taste good?! WHAT?!?
Delicious! So good we decimated all 12 of them at the beach this afternoon. The kids loved them, the grownups loved em! I even have a request to make them again – tomorrow morning!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (can be canned or fresh, if fresh, cook, cook and strain excess water from your pumpkin before using it in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup butter, ghee or coconut oil (we used butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice ( I used 2 tbsp, because I’m crazy like that!)
- 3 cups shredded carrots (approximately 4 large carrots)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk the eggs, pumpkin, butter/coconut oil, pure vanilla extract, and banana together in a large mixing bowl. Sift in the coconut flour, sea salt, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice and stir until well combined. Gently fold in the carrots.
- In a muffin tin, scoop 1/4 cup of the batter into each lined muffin cup (natural parchment liners are recommended as best for lining whereas standard papers may easily stick!). I did not have any liners, I used a spray coconut oil. We had a little sticking, but, not much. I also didn’t allow enough cool time, and rushed them out so we could pack them to go. Ooops.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
They were fantastic! Filling, yummy, healthy, and loved by all.