Sometimes you just get the urge to bake. And, devour. But, most things now just aren’t for me. Low carb life is a must for my sanity, my health, and my waistline, but, a little treat here and there sure is nice. Especially when it’s fresh baked chocolate chip cookies.
When this gluten free, 7 ingredient chocolate chip cookie recipe from Elana’s Pantry popped up on my facebook feed yesterday I knew I had to try it! Gluten free, no white sugar, 7 ingredients only and friendly enough that I could “sneak” one for myself. I knew I’d have some willing taste testers with the 2 boys and my husband, so I fired up the oven and got to it! And oh, let me tell you….. You need to make these!
I made 2 small changes to her recipe, hers was dairy free, and we used butter, hers asked for Celtic Sea Salt, and we used Pink Himalayan. Need dairy free? Click the link above and go check it out!
Here’s what we did!
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chunks. (I like Trader Joe’s Chocolate Chunks)
- Combine almond flour, salt and baking soda
- Add in melted butter, honey and vanilla until dough forms
- Stir in chocolate chunks
- Scoop dough one level tablespoon at a time onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Press balls of dough down gently
- Bake at 350 for 6-8 minutes
- IMPORTANT – Cool for 15 minutes (do not handle prior or cookies will break)
Makes 18 cookies
The children give them 2 big thumbs up! 100% kid approved! The poor husband isn’t home yet, so I will bravely protect his share.